Saturday, May 2, 2009

God is there - all the time.

I had been looking forward to Nairobi and spending time with my two friends, R&S (they are siblings) and their parents. I usually enjoy time spent with friends' families - it is sometimes nice to be spoilt with yummy food and pampering that parents are so good at giving...:) And I knew although I had not met their parents, it would be as though I was home with my own parents (that was how I felt when I was in Benin City with Lady OG's parents). But for some reason, flight arrangements were not going as smoothly as they should/normally do and I felt I needed to decide whether to go ahead with travel plans or not soon as it would affect how next week would pan out. So I decided (with a heavy heart) yesterday not to go.

R just landed today (I was going to join him on Tuesday) and is having a great time there and his family wanted to know where I was. For a few minutes today, I wished I was going to Nairobi but then spent the rest of today just chilling out and planning what I need to do in my last week in Accra. Just a few minutes ago, I received a call from one of my close gal pals in London. She herself had just returned from Korea, to visit family. She was going out tonight to celebrate a birthday party hosted by two of our close friends. Talking to her was good, it was nice catching up with her and she confirmed she will welcome me in my flat when I return next weekend. As she rang off, she left me with a great piece of advice - to spend time with everyone I had met while in Accra and say goodbye properly.

Thinking to myself, I realised if I had gone ahead with my Kenyan trip, that would have left me with very little time to say my goodbyes. I have met so many beautiful people here in Accra, people who have made me feel so welcomed and people who were generous enough to say my Twi is passable (I know it isn't!). I know I will do Kenya sometime soon (and just planning the trip has enabled me to get to know my friends and Kenya better!). I cannot wait to visit Mombasa in particular. And for now, I am going to make sure I end my Accra stint on the best note possible. God, you are good and medasi for being so patient with this sometimes stubborn child of yours....I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment