Thursday, April 23, 2009

An awesome week of partying...:)

My lao ban told a common contact that I was now back at the grindstone, head down, after a week of partying in Nigeria. I took me a while to realise he was right, I did have a super awesome time partying in Benin City, Abuja and Lagos. I got into Benin City on Easter Sunday and caught up with my close girlfriend's family. I started my Nigerian experience by boogeying to D'banj, the Kokomaster, P-Square and Rugged Man, trying to learn the latest moves from four gorgeous youngsters. The partying then continued in Abuja, where I was treated to jazz music from Sykes and Sam, which simply blew me away. They were amazing. I had so much fun. There was more partying in Lagos, chilling out with fun people and more boogeying with the same youngsters we saw in Benin City and another chance to perfect my moves. We were dancing in the car until it dropped us off at the airport. A friend in a nearby car actually saw us boogeying in the car, and he kind of did a double take, he looked at one of the youngsters and then looked at me in somewhat disbelief. But it gave me and my close gal pal a chance to spot him, get out of our car and exchange goodbyes with him. Little did my lao ban know that the partying continued in Accra over the weekend with boogeying to some cool highlife and dirty hip hop, with cool, cool people. Uwese-o, everyone, for such an awesome time! My partying days may have just returned and may be here to stay...:)

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely refreshing post. I partied vicariously while reading you. Cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, you are the sweetest Nana Yaw! I'll be partying vicariously when reading you (and Pen Powder) in a couple of weeks' time...cool stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete