Saturday, May 2, 2009

My Mama...

My Mama is simply the best (yes, I know that every child would most probably say this, but she really is)!

I am sure I have driven her round the bend through the years. She has had to make changes in her own life through the years as I have grown and developed as a person. As a person, she used to worry a lot about me but my recent lifesytle which now seems to involve visiting other countries (which perhaps a more conservative Asian mum would not be happy for her only child to visit) for work, church and/or pleasure has necessitated a change in her outlook. Now, she just seems to get really excited for me (I guess she does not have much of a choice!).

She also is somewhat now used to my sometimes crazy schedules when I am home in Malaysia (she has also now witnessed my life in London - but I think she enjoyed it!). I am in the habit of trying to fit in quite a bit, but I realise I can never do that without the support of my ever-loving family. I am so blessed to have them. They have been and are so amazing. And I also enjoy whisking her away from her own busy schedule in Penang to the beach to enjoy the stunning sunset...

I should also mention I made her ride a bicyle through Jesus Green and Midsummer Common in Cambridge and I freaked her out on the River Cam with my not-very-good punting skills ....

Mum - you have been such a sport, thank you. May your all your years be super blessed and filled with His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment