Friday, April 10, 2009

Enye nyame dzen/memories I will take with me..

Nothing is too difficult for God/enye nyame dzen (in twi) - seen on a tro tro in Accra.

"I am nothing without God. This is my story, this is my song, to give Him praise, all the days of my life." Words from the Methodist hymn book I used during my first visit to Ridge church in Accra (a great church to be part of).

On a separate note, I love the diversity of churches in Ghana - the different styles, languages - but all worshipping God. I was in Brennu Achim, a couple of weekends ago. I attended a Catholic church, the service was conducted in Fante. A few weekends ago, I went to an amazing Pentecostal church in Gboolo Kofi, a village in the Eastern region, near Mangoase. The message and worship were simply amazing. Church that day taught me to be so grateful for everything I had and to praise God with all my heart (through dance, songs and just praising Him aloud). It also drove home the importance of having a mission and vision. And back to my "home" church, Ridge church - the bible study during the youth fellowship on Sunday afternoons is so so sound. I learn so much each time I go there and the people there are kool! And ICGC, which I attended today is full of so so talented people!! Their Dramatic Arts performers (Spirit) totally rock!! Ghana, thank you for all this - great exposure, great opportunity to meet new people and form new friendships and awesome opportunity to grow.


2 comments:

  1. You're welcome [looking smug, here].

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, thanks for all the support nana yaw in the last three months...:)you and pen powder have been great!!

    ReplyDelete