Wednesday, March 11, 2009

People connect in the same way on different continents...

I have always thought sharing food with people brings you closer together...I have always felt that in London, and Malaysia (my two homes to date) and sharing kenkey with my workmates in Accra for the first time a couple of weeks ago confirmed that for me. I think it is a great way of bonding with people.

I also think spending time with a person' s family also brings you a lot closer to the person. My friends in Penang (where I grew up) whom I am still close to know my parents well (and likewise, I know their families). I spent Independence Day with my workmates and some of their families - it was a great way to bond...in beautiful Akosombo.

1 comment:

  1. Thoughtful thinking and writing, my friend. I like this space already.

    ReplyDelete