Saturday, July 25, 2009

Psalm 40

"I waited patiently for the Lord to help me,
and He turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the pit of despair
out of the mud and the mire.
He set my feet on solid ground,
and steadied me as I walked along.
He has given me a new song to sing,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see what He has done and be amazed.
They will put their trust in the Lord.
Oh, the joys of those who trust the Lord,
O Lord my God, you have performed many wonders for us.
Your plans for us are too numerous to list.
You have no equal.
If I tried to recite all your wonderful deeds,
I would never come to an end of them.
I take your joy in doing your will, my God,
for your instructions are written on my heart.

I have told all your people about your justice.
I have not been afraid to speak out.
I have not kept the good news of your justice hidden in my heart,
I have talked about your faithfulness and saving power.
I have told everyone in the great assembly
of your unfailing love and faithfulness.

Lord, don't hold your tender mercies from me.
Let your unfailing love and faithfulness always protect me."

1 comment: