Friday, July 24, 2009

Have you thanked Jesus today?

Life is really how you view it - how positive you want to be, how much you want to believe in God's promises for all of us. I woke up one morning this week feeling a little frustrated - it was caused by a combination of factors, I had a lingering feeling of being frustrated at not knowing where things were going in a couple of areas of my life (I know, I know this is where faith in God comes into play, and having faith in Him pleases Him). Then, as I was crossing the road on the way to work in the morning, a bus passed me with these words painted in bright red on it, "Have you thanked Jesus today?". It then hit me (as it eventually always does - it just sometimes take a very long time), I had loads to be thankful for. There were lots of little amusing things in my life to be thankful for. For instance, speaking to one of my male friends now reminds me of speaking with my mama. He (jokingly)calls me darling the same way my mama calls me. A little bizarre but actually pretty nice. That same evening, after work, when I was trying on a work dress (so I look more like an Oga Madame :)) in a cubicle, I could hear the girl in the next changing room speaking to the sales assistant called Tosha. We then popped our heads out at the same time to speak to Tosha. The girl turned out to be a close girlfriend from university. We ended buying a couple of dresses together and we went for dinner after that. It was so good catching up with her on such an unplanned occasion. It was great exchanging views about life, our jobs, men, etc. :) I know God is always there for me, giving me what I need at the right time, I just need to learn to be more patient and trust in Him. And thankful in all circumstances. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment